– help at the touch of a button
More than just a care alarm
There are over 1.7 million telecare users in the UK. Telecare consists of equipment and services that support your safety and independence in your own home. In its simplest form, a Care Alarm is a telecare system – as is an emergency response service.
This equipment enables normal activity to be monitored, and will instigate action if there are changes outside the normal behaviour (e.g. not getting out of bed, falling, floods). There are many types of monitor:
- You can have medication prompts by phone
- There are detectors that can sense risks such as smoke, floods and gas
- Sensors can also tell if you have or have not got out of bed
- You can have fall monitors
- There are also sensors that can detect poor sleep or bed wetting
- The system can also warn you of problems by sounding an alarm, flashing lights or vibrating a box which can be kept in your pocket or under your pillow.
How much does it cost?
The cost of other telecare monitors and sensors varies so please call us on FREEPHONE 0800 038 3161 or 01768 861468.